On Feb 17, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

Try this:

do.call(curve, list(D(expression(x^3), "x")))

This also worked, after noting that str() told me the D() object had a "language" attribute, but given that it was not the chosen method by Gabor, it may have some deficiency about which I am unaware:

curve( eval(D(expression(x^3), "x") ) )

His do.call method does result in a more intuitive labeling of the y- axis.

--
David.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Walmes Marques Zeviani