Hello All,

I am trying to get cluster heatmaps using R from Java in my application.
I got the Rserve using which I am able to make TCP/IP connection to R.

I am trying to send a double[][] array (say 5x8 dimensions) to R and convert
it into matrix using as.matrix() function in R. Is it correct to do this?
Can I directly pass this array to dist() function to generate the distance
matrix ?  if not could someone please direct me how to do it ?
I want to be able to pass the matrix into R, compute a distance matrix using
dist() and then plot hierarchial cluster using hclust() and then further
plot cluster heatmaps calling the bioconductor library. Is Rserve enough for
this or will I also need rJava ?

Please Reply

Thanks

--