Dear all,

I  ran into some issues that I've been trying to figure out for weeks but with
no success. So I'm looking for some advice here. I've the following questions:

1. I want to write some S4 classes and methods and add them into a current
package that was written in S3. Is this possible? Can both S3  and S4 methods
exist in one package?
2. When I sourced my functions using "source", they work perfectly for all my
testing examples. But if I put them into a package, build,  install and load
this package, then surprisingly, some of the same testing code reports an
error! But they are just the same functions except the fact that when I load
the package, the previously existing S3 methods will also be loaded.  Is it
possibly because of some conflicts between S3 and S4 since when I source it,
only S4 methods are loaded?

This has been really confusing to me, and I really hope I could find some
answers here. Many thanks in advance.

Wayne (Yanwei) Zhang
Statistical Research
CNA

NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments and appended messages,
is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and
legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution,
copying, storage or other use of all or any portion of this message is strictly
prohibited.
If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by
reply e-mail and delete this message in its entirety.