Hi all,

I'm somewhat of a novice in terms of programming, so I thought I'd come here to
seek some help with an issue I'm having.

I'm trying to model a glm using bigglm, but in spite of my best efforts, I
cannot get it to work!

Here is the particular line of code that is giving me trouble:

>mod = bigglm(Pres/wt ~ Xdes, data=dat, family=poisson(), weights = ~wt,
>maxit=100, tol=1.e-10, chunksize=(dim(Xdes)[1] + 1))

When I attempt to run this, it gives me the following error:

 >Error: cannot allocate vector of size 255.9 Mb

However, I had set the maximum memory to 4095 Mb and had used only 926 Mb to
that point.

If I try to use a smaller chunksize, I get this error:

>Error in model.frame.default(tt, chunk) : variable lengths differ (found for
>'Xdes')

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,

Ian