hi Andrew

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I gave it a try , but still get the same issue -
a fresh Rgui window (just one)  opens, with an empty .RData, when
I submit a script ( Ctrl & F8 ).

I also tried running things as administrator, but it made no difference.

Apparently windows 7 is selling like hot buns, so there should be
enough market pressure before too long , to encourage the providers
of Notepad++ NpptoR to fix it ...

Thanks again            Bob

   Robert Kinley
      b...@lilly.com

Andrew Redd <ar...@stat.tamu.edu>
Sent by: amr...@gmail.com
04/03/2010 14:17

Robert Kinley <kinley_rob...@lilly.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [R] running R from Notepad++ in Windows 7

I had a conversation with someone the other day about problems on Windows
7.  It was caused by the compatibility mode that they were running R in.
That might be the issue here if you are using compatibility mode.  Run
NppToR and R both in compatibility mode and that should fix it, if that is
the problem.  Just to make sure though, does it open a new session for
every line of code or does it launch once then continue in that window?
For fixing the problem it will help me to know.  Thanks,
Andrew

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Robert Kinley <kinley_rob...@lilly.com>