Hello All,

I would like to report the following bug or maybe you can explain if I am
wrong.

I am sampling from two different populations with weights. The two
populations have the same age groups and I want to distinguish where I am
sampling from. That is why I am using a matrix such as:
matrix
age.group      Male          Females       Weight.Males     Weight.Females
1               1.1                    1.2
3                                  4
2               2.1                    2.2
6                                   5
3               3.1                     3.2
3                                     5
4               4.1                     4.2
9                                  2

If a sample a element:
uno<-sample(matrix[,2:3],1,prob=matrix[,4:5])
I want to be able to recover from wich age.group and sex the individual is,
but

as.integer((uno-round(uno))*10)  is equal to 0 when uno is male, while it is
2 when a female. That is, for example:

as.integer((4.1-round(4.1))*10) is equal to 0 (instead of 1)

The rounding error is eliminated for
as.integer((uno[j,2]-round(uno))*11)  since it is equal to 1 when male and
2 when female.

I noticed this problem when trying to use

other.matrix[j, (uno[j,2]-round(uno))*10)]

for a matrix with information with first information about males and second
column about females.

Thank you kindly.
Lilia