Dear R users:

I am drawing a graph with the following code:

Tau<-seq(0.05,0.95,0.05);
Pi <- seq(0.19,0.01,-0.01);
par(cex.axis=0.8,ps=9,mar=c(1.5,1,0.5,1), oma=c(1,1,0.2,1) ,tck=-0.01);
plot(Tau,Pi, type='l', xlab="Tau",ylab="Pi",col=4);

I want to make the graph take as little space as possible. Here I run into
two problems. One is that the labels are gone, the other is the scale
numbers of axises are a little too far from my axises. Can anyone help me
with this? I am new to graphics and have spent a lot of time on "par" but
still not yet got it.
Thanks.

best,
Zhongyi