Dear all,

I am trying to get a PERMANOVA with quite large data set. I am reading a lot
about this question, but I do not get the answer about it. Although I know
that the R function is adonis () (vegan package), it does not work:

adonis(Pha.env~SPha, data=Pha, permutations=10)

The error message:
 Error: cannot allocate vector of size 334.2 Mb
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In vegdist(lhs, method = method, ...) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)
2: In vegdist(lhs, method = method, ...) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)
3: In vegdist(lhs, method = method, ...) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)
4: In vegdist(lhs, method = method, ...) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)

When I have received this message from R usually it is due to an incorrect
introduction of the function elements (i.e., memory message errors).
However, I've just checked my matrix (Pha.env is a data.frame with num or
int variables, and, Pha is a data.frame with factor variables) and the
length of matrices is the same. I know that I'm wrong somewhere specifying
the matrices in adonis(), but I can't fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Paloma