Dear lattice::levelplot users,

I would like to use levelplot to plot uniformly sized blocks.

Here is an example:

require (lattice)
u = runif(10) * 10
v = runif(10) * 10
z = runif(10)
levelplot ( z ~ u + v, aspect="iso" )

The resultant figures have points (blocks) that are of variable size that
attempt to fill in the space along each u, v dimension.  Is it possible to
force each point to have, for example, a size of 1 X 1 unit?  I realise this
can be easily accomplished with "image". I also understand that using
lattice::xyplot tweaked with color gradients and square points can also do
the job. I would, however, like to keep using levelplot which I like very
much and wonder (and hope) if I maybe I have missed some obvious option.

Thanks,
Jae