Dear all,

I want to plot a simple xy-plot but I have some problems with the label
titles. In my plot, y-axis title should be at the top of the y-axis and it
should be perpendicular to the axis. Similarly, x-axis title should be just
next to the x-axis not at the bottom. By using mgp, I can change the
position of the title vertically for y-axis and horizontally for x-axis but
I want to change the positions in other direction too.Can I do this in R?
 If you can help me, I appreciate a lot.

Thanks a lot,

Ceylan