On 20.04.2010 12:02, danda wrote:

Dear Pete,

Thanks, it works now!

I did as you suggested:

--internet flag to the target line (right click, properties) e.g.
"C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\bin\Rgui.exe" --internet2

Strangely enough, I can now easly download packages but I still get these
messages:

chooseCRANmirror()

Warning message:
In open.connection(con, "r") :
   cannot open: HTTP status was '407 Proxy Authentication Required'

utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.10

Probably the selected CRAN mirror was accessible while the CRAN extras repository hosted in Oxford by Brian Ripley was not (at least from your side).

Uwe Ligges

..but eventually it does install what I want...any clue?

Alessandra