From: Mario Valle<mva...@cscs.ch>
Subject: [R] How to make legend with line+ character
To: "r-help@r-project.org"<r-help@r-project.org>
Dear all,
I have a multiline plot with each line labeled with a
different letter.
But I'm not able to make the legend display the same kind
of pattern '-a-', instead the letter is overwritten by the
line. A simpler legend with only the letter is not very
visible and the pt.bg does nothing with letters. Any idea?

plot(1:10,10:1,lty=1,type='b', lwd=2,pch='a')
legend("left", legend=c("ds1","ds2"), bty='n', col=1:2,
lty=2,lwd=4,pch=letters)

Thanks for your help!

     mario
-- Ing. Mario Valle
Data Analysis and Visualization Group
       | http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)
   | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.60
v. Cantonale Galleria 2, 6928 Manno, Switzerland |
Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82

and provide commented, minimal, self-contained,
reproducible code.