I recently became aware of the article by Ai and Norton (2003) about how interaction terms are problematic in nonlinear regression (such as logistic regression). They offer a correct way of estimating interaction effects and their standard errors.

My question is: Does the glm() function take these corrections into account when estimating interaction terms for a logistic regression (i.e. when family=binomial)? If not, is there a function somewhere that allows for correct estimation?

I've looked the documentation for glm and couldn't find an answer, nor have I seen the issue addressed in the forums or in the examples of logistic regression in R that I've found online.

Thanks!

Andrew Miles