It depends on what kind of plot etc and which package you are using.  The basic
plot routines are summarized in ?plot.default  with many of the parameters
controlled by ?par

I think at the simplist something like this would work and you can add colour
plotting specs etc as you experiment.  This assumes col1, c2 and col3 are
separate vectors.

plot(col, col2)
lines(col1,col3)

The package ggplot does very nice graphs but completely differently :)