On May 1, 2010, at 1:32 AM, Mohan L wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to R and the mailing list.

I have a data file (.xls) format with little bit large (16 column, 35000 rows
) data file. I am trying to read this file for calculation.  I have
converted the file into .csv format and read like that :

bmtrend <- read.csv(file="simple.csv",head=TRUE,sep=",")

bmtrend

will display something in the middle of display

[ reached get Option("max.print") -- omitted 30061 rows ]]

?options

The data is in there, but your option max.print is set to a number smaller than you apparently desire. Why would you want to put all of such a dataset on the console screen, anyway? Surely there are more effective methods to check for completeness.

It will not show the full list of data.

please suggest me best way to read large file?

Pretty sure you did. Now you should check with functions designed for data analysis.

?summary
?nrow
?str

--