On 02.05.2010 21:55, galen kaufman wrote:

Dear R Community,

I am trying to run a command line in R that will open an external program, have
it import a specific input file, run the program, then close the program. The
command line that I got from the developer of the model to do this looks like
what you see below:

c:\programx.exe -import 'inputx.inp' -run -quit

I have been trying to use shell() or shell.exec() to run this in R.  I can get
R to open the program but I have not been able to do the rest of the steps.

I have been able to open the model using :

shell('"C:\\programx.exe"')

or

shell.exec("C:\\programx.exe")

To do the rest I have been trying variations of the following:

shell('"C:\\programx.exe"' -import '"C:\\inputx.inp"' -run –quit)

Hm, you need to pass one string to the shell (and the underlking system()) call:

shell('"C:\\programx.exe" -import "C:\\inputx.inp" -run –quit')

Best,
Uwe Ligges

but I am not getting anywhere.

Can you provide any insight as to how to do the rest?

Thank you,

Galen
inbox.

N:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2