Dear Changbin,

that looks odd indeed - can you cast your example in a reproducible one so I can track this down (or at least send me the data offline?)

Thanks
David

Changbin Du wrote:
svm.fit<-svm(as.factor(out) ~ ., data=all_h, method="C-classification", kernel="radial", cost=bestc, gamma=bestg, cross=10) # model fitting

svm.pred<-predict(svm.fit, hh, decision.values = TRUE, probability = TRUE) # find the probability, but can not find.

attr(svm.pred, "probabilities")

 > attr(svm.pred, "probabilities")
     1 0
1    0 0
2    0 0
3    0 0
5    0 0
6    0 0
7    0 0
8    0 0
9    0 0

Hi, Dear R community,

IN my data, the out variable is the target variable (0, and 1), hh is the new data set does not contain the out variable. I trained the model svm.fit in training data. And want to predict the out in the new data set hh.

WHy the probabilities are both 0 in 1 and 0 class?

--
Sincerely,
Changbin

Changbin Du
DOE Joint Genome Institute
Bldg 400 Rm 457
2800 Mitchell Dr
Walnut Creet, CA 94598
Phone: 925-927-2856

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. David Meyer
Department of Information Systems and Operations

WU
Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien
Vienna University of Economics and Business
Augasse 2-6, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43-1-313-36-4393
Fax: +43-1-313-36-90-4393
HP:  http://ec.wu.ac.at/~meyer