Hi Ralf,

I can't offer you many resources, but the few I came across are:
1) loess (or the older version: lowess)
2) smooth
3) rollapply (from the zoo pacakge)

I used a combination of 1 and 3 when creating an R implementaion for a
(simplistic) quantile loess, you might find the code useful:
http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/quantile-loess-combining-a-moving-quantile-window-with-loess-r-function/

Best,
Tal

Contact me: tal.gal...@gmail.com |  972-52-7275845