On May 12, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Daniel Malter wrote:

Fair enough, my mistake. However, I am quite fascinated how that focuses everybody else on picking on the intitial answer and diverts everybody away from anwering the actual question. All the more it points to the second paragraph of my reply, namely that all modular components of the function
should be checked.

For example:

lapply(data,function(){quantile(x,probs=0.25)})

#does not work, but

lapply(data,function(x){quantile(x,probs=0.25)})

#works

So perhaps missing out on the x in the definition of the function is the
only problem. But for that, we would need the error message.

Or as the message says (over and over): "... reproducible code."

Maybe everyone that posts in html could be returned a mail-server generated reply that has that text highlighted in blinking color.

Daniel

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT