Hi:

Here are a couple of ways using the doBy and plyr packages:

library(doBy)
library(plyr)

# doBy:
subsetBy(~ wool + tension, subset = breaks == max(breaks), data =
warpbreaks)

    breaks wool tension
A|H     43    A       H
A|L     70    A       L
A|M     36    A       M
B|H     28    B       H
B|L     44    B       L
B|M     42    B       M

# plyr
ddply(warpbreaks, .(wool, tension), subset, breaks == max(breaks))

  breaks wool tension
1     70    A       L
2     36    A       M
3     43    A       H