Dear all,

for demonstration purposes I want to display the basis functions used by a
thin plate regression spline in a gamm model. I've been searching the help
files, but I can't really figure out how to get the plots of the basis
functions. Anybody an idea?

Some toy code :

require(mgcv)
require(nlme)

x1 <- 1:1000
x2 <- runif(1000,10,500)

fx1 <- -4*sin(x1/50)
fx2 <- -10*(x2)^(1/4)
y <- 60+ fx1 + fx2 + rnorm(1000,0,5)

test <- gamm(y~s(x1)+s(x2))

plot(test$gam)

This gives me the conditional estimates, but not the basis functions for the
different splines. I'd like to have the basis functions for s(x1) and s(x2).

Cheers
Joris

--
Joris Meys