Hello all,
I am going slightly mad trying to create a table for running co-correspondence analysis.

What I have is seed bank and vegetation data, and my aim is to see if the vegetation found in a site (containing several seed bank samples) can predict the composition of a seed bank sample within that site. So for this I need two tables with matching rows.

I have created an empty matrix, where the rows correspond to the seed bank samples

bank.plot<-matrix(,5,3,dimnames=list(c("AB 01 01", "AB 01 02", "AB 02 01","AB 03 01","AB 03 02"),c(1:3)))
bank.plot

And I have a matrix where I have presence/absence of species in the vegetation at each site.

site.veg<-matrix((c(1,0,1,1,0,1,0,1,1)),3,3,dimnames=list(c("AB 01", "AB 02", "AB 03")))
site.veg

Is there a way to fill the bank.plot matrix with the results from the vegetation survey, duplicating them appropriately to match sites to plots, even when the number or sites per plot are unequal? i.e. in my example, the row AB 01 in site.veg would be duplicatied for the first two rows, AB 02 only once, and AB 03 twice.

Hope you can help!

Many thanks.

--

Alistair Auffret
PhD Student

Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology
Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm
Sweden

+46(0)8 674 7568