Dear All

Pleas help me to increase the memory in R.

In order increase memory, I read the FAQ and follow the instruction as below

Close R, then right-click on your R program icon (the icon on your desktop or
in your programs directory). Select ``Properties'', and then select the
``Shortcut'' tab. Look for the ``Target'' field and after the closing quotes
around the location of the R executible, add
 --max-mem-size=500M
It does not work.

When I add the --max-mem-size=500M in Target field. There is error like as
below:
“The name "C:\Program Files\R\R-2.11.0\bin\Rgui.exe"--max-mem-size=500M
specified in the Target box is not valid”

I use R2.11.0. in window vista with 3Gb RAM.

Have a nice day

Azam