On 06/04/2010 05:05 AM, Thomas Steiner wrote:
Thank you Greg,

I'll add 180 then.

Thanks for the hint with longer radial.lim arguments it works woderfull.

The lines function is plotting in Cartesian coordinates, not the polar
coordinates.

Is there any (lines) function that plots polar coordinates to an existing plot?

Hi Thomas,
Greg has already given you most of the solutions. I was a bit surprised to find that if you include the negative values in the radial.lim argument, the polygon appears _and_ in the right place! I'll have to add this to the help page. Note that your labels may not be where you think they should be, as 0 degrees is east in your example. Maybe you want start=90?

I have thought about reprogramming the radial plot functions with an "add" argument, but haven't gotten around to it. I'll have a look and if I can do this without too much work, I'll let you know.

As far as 100 being prettier than 90, my experience is that I ain't gettin' any prettier as I get older.

Jim