Hi all,

I need to do massive simulations in the next two years. I estimated
that I will need about 64GB memory, if I do not want to split up the
calculations. Additionally I would like to have it as fast as possible.

Can R handle multi-core processors and can all standard operating
systems handle the same amount of memory and speed?

Perhaps someone could point me to a webshop that sales such equipment
that is suiteable for fast R computation.

Thank you, Johannes

Dr. Johannes Reichl
Abteilung Energiewirtschaft
Energieinstitut an der Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
Altenberger Straße 69
A-4040 Linz
Tel.: +43-732-2468-5652
Fax: +43-732-2468-5651