Good morning,
I've been dabbling in R, so my knowledge has quite a few holes in it.  I'm
hoping that this has a simple answer and just falls into one of those holes.

I have a table of percentages that I want to display as a barchart.  Groups
1-4 in columns and Variables 1-5 in rows, with the percentage of each group
expressing interest in each variable in the cells.  In Excel I just
highlight the data and make a chart and it pops out with four bars
(representing the cell values for each group) for each of the five
variables.

What I think I need to do is barplot([mydata], beside=TRUE, [labels, colors,
and text]), but I get the error "'height' must be a vector or a matrix" when
I do this.  When I try this using one of the preloaded datasets (VADeaths) I
can get the graph I'm looking for, but not when I read.csv my dataset.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks,
Phillip