Thanks Guys ,
I am able to generate the distance matrix for mixed column values ( categorical
and ordinal ) using daisy function

But can anyone tell me how to generate clusters out of it , The point being i
dont know the number of cluster beforehand

Let me give an overview of the problem i am trying to solve is

Given a dataset , something like below

                    var1         var2       var3             Size
element1-1   yes            x         present          100
element1-2   no             y         absent            294
element1-3   maybe       x         absent            45

The first 3 variables being categorical and last one being ordinal

I need to do the following
1 )  Generate clusters out of it  ( let say they are "training clusters" )
             I am able to compute distance matrix ( using daisy ) , but not
sure how to create unknown numbers of clusters ,  dbscan work on a distance
matrix
2 )  Once that is done i want to spread some new data points in the above plot
space ( lets say these are "test points" )
3)   Find out which "test points" are lying within a boundary  of any above
discovered training clusters

If anyone know how to get this done then please let me know
Its for an academic project and i am unable to make any progress

Thanks and Regards