Hello,

I have an ncdf file with different variables for dimensions and dates where the dimensions are as follows, where X=i and Y=j creating a 88 by 188 set of cells. For each cell there are 12 readings for DO taken at 2 hour intervals and recoded by according to the Julian calendar under the ordinal dates variable.

DO: [2280x188x85]
DX: [188x85]
DY: [188x85]
X: [85x1]
Y: [188x1]
Ordinal_Dates: [2280x1]
T: [2280x1]

So far, I have set up each variable as follows, and I don?t know how to work with the 3D DO variable which contains 12 daily values per day

setwd ("C:/Documents and Settings/Desktop/R")
library(ncdf)
profile1 <- open.ncdf("2005r1_v3_Ct=500_lerie_out_bot.nc", header=FALSE)

name1<-get.var.ncdf( profile1, "DO")
name2<-get.var.ncdf( profile1, "DX")
name3<-get.var.ncdf( profile1, "DY")
name4<-get.var.ncdf( profile1, "X")
name5<-get.var.ncdf( profile1, "Y")
name6<-get.var.ncdf( profile1, "Ordinal_Dates")
name7<-get.var.ncdf( profile1, "T")

I want to set a threshold, and calculate how many days have an average of DO greater then my threshold, and also what the daily averages of DO are

Any help is appreciated!
Emilija