moleps wrote:
Dear R´ers

I´m trying to get a summary table  using latex and summary in the rms
package to no avail. I´m running R 2.10.1, Mac OS X snow leopard and
I have the mactex 2009 distribution installed. Any obvious things I´m
missing?

file587f83cb.log. sh: xdvi: command not found

You apparently don't have xdvi installed, which is used to view the resulting document. How you get that installed on your OS, I don't know. Depending on what you're doing, you might want to use the "file" argument of latex function to output a latex file, and then do further processing. Also, assigning the latex function call to a variable, x <- latex(...) will suppress printing of the object, which is ultimately what is trying to use xdvi.