I have compiled R under Solaris 7 (SunOS 5.7) with the readline-4.0
library linked.  Command line editing appears to work, but I cannot
access command history.  If I execute several commands in R, then type
"history()", I get the error message "Error in savehistory(file) : no
history available to save".  Also, previous command recall (C-p) does
not seem to work.  I am invoking R directly from a Korn shell prompt.
Can you help?

Russ Pierce
Legerity, Inc.
Reading, PA
begin:vcard
n:Pierce;Russell D.
tel;fax:610-929-7220
tel;work:610-929-7156
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Legerity, Inc.;Pennsylvania Product Center
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Member of Technical Staff
adr;quoted-printable:;;2136 North 13th Street=0D=0ASuite D;Reading;PA;19604;USA
fn:Russell D. Pierce
end:vcard