Timur Elzhov wrote:

Dear R experts,

On explanation of persp() parameters the last item is:

...: additional graphical parameters (see `par').

However, setting the `tcl' parameter has no any effect.
I guess that axes are added to persp() in somewhat freakish
way, and have nothing in common with axis() function.

I found the very useful trans3d() function in persp() help
page, and I'd like to use it with persp() + axis(), but I
didn't find how to draw axis() in arbitrary place & direction :(

So, I want to customize axes in persp(). Could anybody help me
solve this problem?
Thanks a lot!

It's not that easy, since persp() is quite special and its code is "hard coded" in C. axis() works "only" for the 2D R graphics.

You might want to look at wireframe() in package "lattice".

Uwe Ligges