Hi all,
I am running a series of experiments where after manipulating my data I run several clustering algorithms (agnes, diana and a clustering method of my own) on the data. I wanted to determine which clustering method did the best job, so therefore I had defined my own quality measure using two criteria: compactness of the data within the clusters themselves and the amount of seperation between the clusters. Anyway, my quality measure does not work, since according to my quality measure the quality gets increasingly better as more clusters are formed untill every data instance is a cluster by itself.
Therefore I was wondering if any of you are aware of any libraries or functions within R that determine quality measures of clusterings, I am very much intrigued by the definition of quality measures that do work.
Thanks very much, Jonck