On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:19:32 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm new to R and am trying to create a dll in order to be able to use the "dyn.load"
>function with a fortran script.  I have a windows OS, have installed perl and the
>Path is recognized.  I have also installed R 1.70 including the src (source code)
>folder.  But when I attempt to create the dll by excecuting "Rcmd SHLIB [-o
>autologdll] combo.f", in the windows command prompt, I get the following error
>message "'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command"
>
>Does anyone have some suggestions on what I may have missed?

"make" is a utility that's used in the build process.  You can get
copies of all the utilities you need from Brian Ripley's web page as
described in $RHOME/readme.packages.

You didn't mention that you had installed a Fortran compiler.  If you
haven't installed the recommended compiler (MinGW), you might find
that some more work will be needed to get the scripts to work.

Duncan Murdoch