Hello,
I'm new to R and in the process of testing it
My first question: I fail to read in my data (ANSI toto.txt file, tab separated)
            > test <-read.table("toto.txt")
            Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
            In addition: Warning message:
            cannot open file `toto.txt'
            > test <- scan("C:\\toto.txt")
            Error in scan("C:\\toto.txt") : "scan" expected a real, got "No_D"
            > test <-scan("test.dat")
            Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
            In addition: Warning message:
            cannot open file `toto.txt
(and no, it is not read only or locked or whatever) I use Windows 2000/XP

second question...what are the size limits of statistical files I can handle? I plan
to analize plant datas (up to 500'000 records, from which I will analize a restrictive
set of variates ) Even when broken down by some chracteristics, the data to analize
can have 50'000-100'000 records

Well thank for the help
Anne