Gerhard Prade wrote:

Hello all,

(Sorry, my bad english)
i am searching a alternativ for spss that i can use with linux. I studied sociology in germany and work sometimes for some hours in the marketresearch. There they use statistics like anova and crosstabs. I see that r can make anova or regressions but the most work in the marketresearch is making crosstabs. These companys use something like spss tables or gess to make tables for the customers. I read that r can make with latex tables with xtabs or ftable and so on. But i dont understand the use of all that. My question is: Is R a good alternativ to make tables?
The goal is to make something like that:

Question 1.1
What is your Age?

PC-Users Linux User Windows User
yes | no || yes no yes no

0-10 years 4 2% | 1 1% || xx and so on
| ||
11-20 years 8 4% | 2 2% || xx and so on
| ||
21-30 years 8 4% | || xx | || 31 years an older 180 90% | || xx
| ||
not answerd 0 0% | ||

200 100% 100 100%

Company XY Customer XY

I can do that with spss or gess, but can i do that with R?
Is it looks good with R?

Yes, you can do it in R and you can produce rather nice output for, e.g., LaTeX or HTML. So start reading the manuals and just do your work with R.

Uwe Ligges