David Scott wrote:
but if any of us are to do likewise I guess we will either pay up or secretly write code and play around with diamond graphs while hidden in the basement.

Okay, lets stand up and be counted: who has been writing diamond graph code? Mine's 60 lines.

Like others I welcome the contribution of those at Johns Hopkins to the debate. And they perhaps shouldn't worry about us here at R-help, who are maybe just a fringe element of open source loving anti-M$ weirdos. Then again we may be the last bastion of open scientific enquiry.

Is that an M$-Windows port of R I see? Or is it still anti-M$ because it isn't written in C# and .NET?

Baz