Marcel Sutter wrote:

Dear r-help

If I display plots on the X11 device, the legends looks fine. But if make an EPS, the longer entry in the legend is cutoff (and also in the .pdf I do from the .eps)

Can you give me a hint and tell me what I do wrong, please ?

Probably nothing. The X11 and postscript devices have different boundaries. The plot is made to fit them, and the legend added to that. I don't usually use dev.copy(); I just repeat the plot commands after the postscript() device is opened. Try that; if that doesn't work, adjust your legend placement.

postscript("plot.eps",paper="special",horizontal=F,onefile=F,width=8.0,height=7.0)

dev.set (2)
dev.copy (which=3)
dev.off (3)

R Version 1.6.1 (2002-11-01) on SuSE Linux 8.0

Might as well upgrade R while you're at it. 1.8 will be out Real Soon Now.

Cheers

Jason
--
Indigo Industrial Controls Ltd.