You need to load the `lattice' library in R. Try

 library(lattice)
 panel.mathdensity
function (dmath = dnorm, args = list(mean = 0, sd = 1), n = 50,
   col, col.line = reference.line$col, lwd = reference.line$lwd,
   lty = reference.line$lty, ...)
{
   reference.line <- trellis.par.get("reference.line")
   if (!missing(col)) {
       if (missing(col.line))
           col.line <- col
   }
   x <- do.breaks(endpoints = current.viewport()$xscale, nint = n)
   y <- do.call("dmath", c(list(x = x), args))
   llines(x = x, y = y, col = col.line, lwd = lwd, lty = lty,
       ...)
}

Mårten Bjellerup wrote:

I'm an R-beginner and have found the function 'panel.mathdensity' in the full manual. R can't find the function and under 'Description' in the manual it says that they "are available in Trellis". What is it and where can I find the function?

Regards,

Mårten

Mårten Bjellerup Doctoral Student in Economics School of Management and Economics Växjö University SE-351 95 Växjö Sweden

Tel: +46 470 708410 Fax: +46 470 82478 Mobile: +46 70 969 88 88 Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.ehv.vxu.se