Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

Chapter 4 of MASS (the book) is a pretty comprehensive set of examples, but given that there are lots of plots associated with e.g. multivariate analysis (try chapter 11 of MASS) and time series (try chapter 14 of MASS) the scope is enormous.

I ordered it right now in our library.

Another example, much more simpler (I hope): I want to get the sum of the values in a plot above the columns. Like this:

|       3
|  2    _
|  _   | |
| | |  | |
|_|_|__|_|__
   A    B

RTMFs are welcome =/. But I read 'help(plot)' (plot is what I actually use for the graphic aboveš) and 'help(par)',

It looks like a barplot to me.

It's realised (without the sum of the values above the coliumns) via

> attach(data.frame)
> plot(variable.from.data.frame)

searched my introduction to S and S-Plus and I'm still waiting for "Introductory Statistics with R" (P. Dalgaard), that is not deliverable at the moment.

There is an example of that in the MASS package script ch04.R
The means to do it are described in `An Introduction to R' (and elsewhere).

I had a look at this script on my machine and have a print version of "An Introduction to R". Maybe I find out what to do with such scripts.

Thanks for your answer!

Best regards,

Christoph
--
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und