Dear all,

I am not able to install the lattice package. After finishing the
installation, I got the following error massage:

-------------------snip---------------------------
Delete downloaded files (y/N)? y

Warning message:
argument `lib' is missing: using /usr/local/lib/R/site-library in:
install.packages("lattice")
> library(lattice)
Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), keep.source) :
        There is no package called 'grid'
Error in library(lattice) : package/namespace load failed

-------------------snap---------------------------

Some weaks ago a similar thread took place on this list [1]. I am using

> version
         _
platform i386-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i386
os       linux-gnu
system   i386, linux-gnu
status   beta
major    1
minor    8.1
year     2003
month    11
day      14
language R

So, I don't think, that my version of R should be updated.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bernd

[1] http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/21118.html

--
Bernd Weiss, M.A.
Universitaet zu Koeln / University of Cologne