First . . . SUBSCRIBE (I want to subscribe to the list).

Second, I am trying to install R on windows XP.  In looking at the
instruction manual I get the following:

The simplest way is to use 'rw1081.exe' or 'miniR.exe'. Just
double-click on the icon
and follow the instructions. If you installed R this way you can
uninstall it from the Control Panel.

How do I get the "rw1081.exe" or "miniR.exe"?  All I have right now is
the R-latest.tgz file and I have absolutely NO idea on how to open or
use that.  Could someone point me to a clear, step-by-step method for
installing R on my computer?  Please advise; you may write me directly
if you like.

I found this email address on the R website; I am assuming that this is
some kind of "list"--is there a way to look at other entries on this
"list"?  Please advise.

Thanks!

Gerald Shoultz