Anybody out there successfully using the Salford Fortran compilers
with R?

I have created a DLL using the Salford FTN95 compiler and it works
in as far I can dyn.load it, run the routines and get the  right
answers back. Unfortunately subsequently, sometime later, the
Rgui crashes (access violation I think from the DrWatson log). The
crashes depend on whether or not I paste the code as one big
chunk, or as little chunks, and sometimes I can do a few things
before it crashes and other times not - but if I do exactly the same
things the crashes are reproducible. The crashes are sometimes in
the DLL and sometimes in pure R code. R1.7.1 and 1.8.1 seem to
behave identically. Windows 2000 Pro.

I do get the dyn.load warning about the DLL changing the FPU
control word.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Steve.

  Dr Steve Roberts
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics,
CMMCH NHS Trust and University of Manchester Biostatistics Group,
0161 275 5192 / 0161 276 5785