I have been lurking in this list a while and searching in the archives to
find out how one learns to write fast R code. One solution seems to be to
write part of the code not in R but in C. However after finding a benchmark
article (http://www.sciviews.org/other/benchmark.htm) I have been more
interested in making the R code itself more efficient. I would like to find
more info about this. I have tried to mail the contact person for the
benchmark, but I have so recieved no reply.

I am not an R programmer (or statistican) so I do not know R well. I am
looking for some advice about writing fast R code. What about the different
data types for example? Is there some good place to start to look for more
info about this?

Thanks for any pointers
Lennart