Thanks to everyone for the responses!
Samuel

>  SUMMARY :

MY QUESTION :

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am analysing several samples whose sizes are from 9 to 110.
>>I would like to test their distribution with R,
>>whether they are normal or not.
>>I wonder which test for normality from R should I use .
>>
>>Thank you for help.
>>
>>Samuel BERTRAND
>>Doctorant
>>Laboratoire de Biomecanique
>>LBM - ENSAM - CNRS UMR 8005
>>151, bd de l'Hopital
>>75013 PARIS
>>Tel. +33 (0) 1 44 24 64 53
>>Fax. +33 (0) 1 44 24 63 66

THE RESPONSES :

A qqplot is a good raw test to look quickly
the normality of a distribution.
best
A.S.

----------------------------

Alessandro Semeria
Models and Simulations Laboratory
Montecatini Environmental Research Center (Edison Group),
Via Ciro Menotti 48,
48023 Marina di Ravenna (RA), Italy
Tel. +39 544 536811
Fax. +39 544 538663
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

shapiro.test
is also relevant.
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page: http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/

You can test normality with the Jarque-Bera test. You can get this test in
the package tseries, of Adrian Trapletti. The package is in CRAN, and you
can install it directly from within R.
Hope it will help you.
Agustin

"RCU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Samuel,
Regardless of some more fundamental problems (see below), a test to "prove"
normality based on a sample of 9? - Fugetaboutit.
Knut