On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:06:08 +0530, Ajay Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip R for economists>

Okay, I made a start, with
      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah/KB/R/more.html

Tell me what should go into it. :-)

I think the most important thing for economists would be a list of the common econometric models and how they are accessed in R, for instance packages and the functions within those packages.

An example is what is known as a Tobit model to econometricians, which is one type of a survival model (to everybody else!). (This isn't that good an example as help.search("tobit") would probably turn up the right library.)

If you could produce a table with Econometrics to R translations that would be immensely helpful, as a start. I know someone suggested creating a facility for 'aliasing' econometrics-speak to R functions, but this got shot down for being unwieldy (rightly so, I think).

I'll let you know if I have any useful suggestions.

--
SC

Simon Cullen
Room 3030