Greetings.

One for the developers I guess...  I am having problems in using a
(non-recommended) Fortran compiler (Salford ftn95 Windoze), and
the crashes do seem to be associated with the ftn95-dervived DLL
changing the Floating Point Control Word. The compiler people are
suggesting (and I paraphrase!) that if R minds what the FPCW is it
is up to R to make sure it is the value it wants and R should
check/reset on returning from the DLL call. There seems to me to
be some logic in this position - if only to make life easier for those
of us who don't really know what a FPCW is! Having to add
unintelligable code to reset the FPCW at the end of each fortran
routine is inelegant. It probably isn't as easy as it sounds  - I guess
there are multi-platform issues? Is this a sensible suggestion to
add to the wish list?

Keep up the good work

Steve.
  Dr Steve Roberts
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics,
CMMCH NHS Trust and University of Manchester Biostatistics Group,
0161 275 5192 / 0161 276 5785