Hi,

I have a shared library that I can successfully load/unload until I
execute some non-trivial code on the library. After that the same
dyn.unload() has no effect. Does anyone have an idea what kind of C/C++
code could lock a .so library so that it becomes unloadable? (My code
links with a third-party library so I have no way to narrow down the
search).
I thought it could be memory allocation on heap, but a little experiment
showed this was not the case. I was able to unload the library even
after I allocated (and not released) memory on the heap. I figure that
.so has its own heap, but it's just a guess.

I use RedHat 7.3.

Thanks,
Vadim