I have a problem that deals with correlating wind velocity to seed
collection data.  The problem lies in that I have a wind data set that
is contains 2000+ data points and weed collection data on the order of a
couple hundred.  Both data sets were collected for the same time period,
but there is not a one-to-one wind velocity->seed location match.  My
understanding of correlation is that you need equal data sets.  Is there
a way to compare means and standard deviations (or kappa in circular
stats) that doesn't require equal data sets?  Thank you in advance. Joe

Example (simplified):

library(CircStats)

wind<-c(2.1, 2.3, 2.6, 2.1, 2.6, 2.4, 1.2, 1.5) # in radians

seed<-c(1.7, 1.3, 1.5, 1.9, 1.8, 2.3)

circ.cor(wind, seed, test=T)

Joseph Dauer

Master's Student