Samuel:

If you have just started with R, then you may also wish to look at Venables and Ripley, Modern Applied Statistics with S, though you may also wish to examine the free material at www.r-project.org, as suggested.

Also, if you tell us more about your special interests, someone might be able to make more focused suggestions.

     hope this helps.  spencer graves

Roger D. Peng wrote:

You might be interested in

William N. Venables and Brian D. Ripley. S Programming. Springer, 2000. ISBN 0-387-98966-8.

There are also many books listed at http://www.r-project.org under "Publications".

-roger

Samuel Kemp (Comp) wrote:

Hi,

I have been using R for a few months now and I am confident that the language has everything I will need to complete my PhD. I can create functions, script files and packages, but I would like to write my programs more efficiently (maybe using OO). Can anyone recommend a good book on the "art" of good R programming?

Kind Regards,

Sam.