Hi,

A recent discussion on the list about tryCatch and signals made me think
about memory allocation and signals in C extension modules. What happens
to the memory allocated by R_alloc and Calloc if the user pressed Ctr-C
during the call? R-ext doesn't seem to discuss this. I'd guess that
R_alloc is interrupt-safe while Calloc is not, but I am not sure. In any
case a paragraph in R-ext on signals would be helpful.

While looking around for interrupts handling in the code I came across
BEGIN_SUSPEND_INTERRUPTS macro in Defn.h file. Unfortunately, it is not
available via R.h or Rinternals.h. Am I missing something? If not, could
future releases of R make it available via, say, Rinternals.h?

Thanks,
Vadim